In the week or so since I started the blog I’ve gained new perspective and knowledge on a world I knew existed, and indeed was a part of – the growing proportion of the population under attack by the government and the Department of Work and Pensions.
Let’s examine some facts:
- More than one million people sanctioned – and that’s just between Oct 2012 and Dec 2013!
- IDS’s department admit (forced by Freedom of Information Act requests) investigation into 60 deaths related to new welfare regulations and sanctions
- Significant evidence job centres are under pressure to sanction ‘5% of the live load’ – i.e. government sanction targets
- Food bank spike linked to benefit cuts, govt denies
- According to recent research by Oxford University 500,000 JSA claimants have simply ‘disappeared’
- DWP system of sanctions to be investigated by House of Commons select committee
I for one…
View original post 590 more words